Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunshine Sure Looks Good on You

What a start to a week!! And, no, I do not mean Monday. Mondays are lame, aside from the fact that it finally looks beautiful outside again today :)

The start to the week that I'm talking about is Sheri Dew's AWESOME fireside last night. It was just so good. I feel much more motivated, and it's great. I'm officially cutting Bejeweled Blitz and Tetris out of my life. Sad, but I am doing it. It sucks away my life, and does nothing good for me. So, if anyone sees me playing those games, I give you full permission to gently (but purposefully!) slap me (preferably on the back or something and not on the face... ouch) and tell me to cut it out. I'm also taking up her challenge to hold my tongue. If I start nit picking at people, tell me to shut up. Please and thank you :)

One thing that shocked me about her talk was how much she hates being single. I mean, I did NOT expect that from her at all. I thought she'd either just not mention it, or she'd tell us that she's learned to deal with it. Nope. She said it's miserable and that we should get married. If that didn't scare the crap out of me, I don't know what would. I do NOT want to be single for the rest of my life. Haha.

In other news, I found out about a fun paper I have due next week, and a couple of tests this week—American Heritage and Book of Mormon. I am trying to read American Heritage ... I meant to read so much more this weekend that it's kind of depressing how much I actually DID get done. And then I mean to read in between classes today, but that didn't really happen because this morning as I was packing my stuff up, I realized that I had an entire chapter of French to do in addition to eating lunch, which takes like half an hour. With the 35 or so minutes that remained before French, I tried to read on the stupid JKB benches outside my classroom, but they're so danged uncomfortable, and I was suddenly overcome with exhaustion. A heavy-lunch-induced coma, if you will. I could hardly read, and could barely sit up I wanted to lay down so bad. It was a fletching nightmare. Not really, but as far as frustrating-ness (wanting to sleep or work and not being able to do either) it was pretty high on my list so far this week.

Good story ... apparently VP was out in Brigham Square this afternoon. Probably because they have a concert coming up on Thursday (or Friday? Idk.) While I will probably not go to the actual concert, I might get a chance to run into The Date Who Has Fallen Off the Face of the Planet. :)

Sidenote: Googling quotes is not cheating. It is leveling the playing field. Just in case you were wondering. Haha. :)


So I have three new favorite songs. Reference the blog "The Green Wedding Shoes" for the playlist from which two of these three songs come from. I will start from the bottom of the three and work up to my super favorite that I just cannot resist right now. Goodness it would be nice to be completely in love with somebody ... haha. Okay. The list!

3. Two is Better Than One -- Boys Like Girls ft. Taylor Swift.
This song is just good. Sigh. It's so teenage-love-y and I love it.
2. Better than Love -- Griffin House
So Griffin House totally sounds like the random juxtaposition of words to make a band name. But this is one guy. And that's his name. How cool is that? Griffin House!I love it. Also, this song is SO cute. It has a very Juno-y sound to it, I think. Another song by Griffin House that rocks is "The Guy That Says Goodbye to You."
1. When You've Got a Good Thing -- Lady Antebellum
Teen pop-y love songs got NOTHING on country love songs. They are SO much better. Country singers take love much more seriously I think. They're much more into the eternal view of love. I love the phrases "the sunshine sure looks good on you" and "there's gonna be some ups and downs but with you to wrap my arms around, I'm fine" but I only love them fractionally more than every other line of the song, so I don't know how much it really matters that they're my favorites . But seriously, I want someone to wrap my arms around... haha. Lady Antebellum is the bomb-diggity of my world right now. And you should definitely listen to this song.


So yeah. I should probably get on to some studying and stuff right now. I do kind of have more to do than I would ever want to do ... Oh college...

No comments:

Post a Comment