Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sad Songs

I've been thinking repeatedly over the past couple of months how much I like sad songs. Maybe this is because you get all the emotion of being sad crammed into about four minutes, and you get something like an emotional release (although I only rarely am actually pushed to tears). You also get the added satisfaction of emotional upheaval without actually having anything to be legitimately sad about. The current sad-song favorite is The Dance by Garth Brooks.



Ironically, after listening to that song a couple of times, I turned my iTunes on shuffle and pulled up On An Evening in Roma by Dean Martin. From The Lizzie McGuire Movie. And I'm pretty well enjoying it. I mean, as much as a person can enjoy a peppy, slightly silly song after listening to such words as "Our lives are better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance." The transition didn't work too well, I must say. But whatever. I like emotions a lot more than I like other things. They're kind of fascinating, kind of awesome, ya know. Life is good. I only have one class today. Muahahahahaha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment