Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Talkward

So today was the day of my big Sexual Purity talk. Woof. It could have been SO awkward (hence talkward. Or tawkward, if you prefer. I don't, obviously). But guess what! It wasn't!! People even laughed a couple of times, which felt good, ya know. I mean, when you're talking about immorality over the pulpit, and to a congregation of like 30 predominantly single people, the potential for awkwardness is outlandish. Fortunately, though, as I said, it wasn't awkward in the slightest, and I felt really good about it.

On the downside, I did suffer some gut miseries over the past 36 hours or so, which I attribute to nerves. Also genetics, because it does run in the family ... hah.

As far as exciting stuff goes, guess what! I bought three pairs of pants this week! Yep! A pair of navy blue trouser-like pants for $20, a pair of jeans with sweet back pocket details for $30, and a pair of (get this) black super skinny jeans for $20. How awesome is that?! And they all look totally great on. I can't wait to wear them in front of people I actually like to be around, as opposed to people I work with or Old Navy customers, or other people I don't and won't know. (I know that's a bad attitude, but I can't help it.) I also got a really cute white blouse for $10, and a SUPER CUTE long blueish one (really, it is so darling) for $30. Which I thought was okay since everything else was such a steal. Plus there was no state tax on retail that day (awesome) and so I really saved quite a bit of money. I didn't buy too much else ... a long sleeved white crew neck, a cream and gray fleece jacket with a hood (yay hoods!), and ... OH THIS PART IS AWESOME. So Trade Secret had an awesome clearance section while we were shopping and I found a couple mini bottles of a certain type of hairspray. They were $3.50 each. And they spray glitter. On your HAIR. Like, really fine glitter and stuff, and I'm pretty sure you can really where it anywhere on your body that you want. So I bought a gold one and a silver one. And dude. They are going to be SO RIDICULOUSLY COOL for parties. Do not even try to deny this. WOOOOOO.

Oh man I had the scare of my life today ... I thought I was going to need to keep a 3.91 to keep my scholarship because there was something on the scholarships page while my sister was getting ready to start thinking about school and stuff and it said like college of Humanities needed a 3.91. Which let's point out I so totally do not have. And if I end up taking 17 credits this semester (let us pray that I do not have to) then that could be really bad. Thankfully, I read on another page just to make sure and hallelujah I still only need a 3.60. Seriously though with the way they're changing scholarship stuff this year, I was totally freaking out! But no worries. :)

Yeah okay well I don't really have anything else interesting to say except SIXTEEN DAYS until I'm back in Provo. 16! I can't believe it. I'm so excited. Not so excited to pack, of course, but I really can't wait to get out there. I just have to figure out how to get all of my life into 3 suitcases and a carry on and a personal item! And then one or two suitcases for Sept. 7th or so when my mom comes out for my cousin's wedding. Which really isn't a long time to wait or anything, but whatever. I'm really going to have to get serious about what I really do need, and what I really don't. Or possibly mail some stuff to myself. Idk. Um anyways ... I'm just super stoked for life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment