Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

The MoTab

So I was thinking about the MoTab today, and wondering why we call it MO-tab, and not MOR-tab, considering the fact that Mormon doesn't sound like "MOE"mon. I mean seriously. The phonetics of it all are distressing.

And then I thought about saying "Mortab," and realized it sounds a lot like Lortab, which you may or may not know to be a brand name of Hydrocodone (/dihidrocodeinone), which is also marketed as:
Hydrococet,
Symtan,
Anexsia, [Anorexia + Amnesia?]
Damason-P,
Dicodid,
Hycodan,
Hydromet,
Hycomine,
Hycet,
Lorcet,
Norco, [This sounds like a druggie nickname, a la stoner, crackhead, etc.]
Novahistex,
Hydrovo,
Duodin,
Kolikodol, [Kolipoki? I want islander food.]
Orthoxycol,
Panacet,
Zydone,
Mercodinone,
Synkonin,
Norgan, [I hope Morgan takes this someday so I can call her Norgan Morgan ... HAH]
Xodol,
Hydrokon,
and, perhaps most recognizably, Vicodin.

Suddenly I'm glad our nickname for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir is phonetically nonsensical, and not reminiscent of licenced narcotics. :)


P.S. Thank you Wikipedia for the list of drug names. It's not like I'm THAT familiar with drug brands ... Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment