Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

School, Resolutions, and Ice Cream

When did this happen? I have class in ten hours and ten minutes exactly, (as it is now 11:20) and yet I don't feel like I should be going to school at all. And yet, simultaneously, I don't feel as though I ever left this little dorm room of mine. Perhaps it's as though I have merely slept through the past two and a half weeks, rather than actually traversing through parts of five different states—Utah, Arizona, Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado, to be more specific. But here I am, getting back to the old swing of things. And yet I am not.

This semester I have resolved to make some very specific and important changes in my life, including several in the time management category. I am very excited for this semester to be a golden one, especially considering the fact that the last one, bless its heart, did not go as well as I might have hoped.

And so I have set out to change the life I'm living, and this blog is going to be a part of it. I've discovered over the past semester that the most worthy thoughts that have come to my head have come through writing. Also, I just like the whole idea of blogs... there's something sensational about knowing that you've put a bit of yourself out into the world, and something strangely comforting. Beyond even that, it is better to frequently write in a personal blog than to abuse peoples' Facebook home pages with note publishings. And I find myself starting a LOT of Facebook notes, and then discarding them because I don't want to waste my own and other peoples' time. As I see it, Twitter:Status Updates::Blogs:Notes. Consider this a favor to both parties :)

Anyways, as far as an explanation of my title, there was once a woman who said that "ice cream is happiness condensed." An anonymous source also states, "There's nothing wrong with me that a little ice cream can't fix." Put the two together, and "there's nothing wrong with me that a little condensed happiness can't fix." And so, here I am, condensing my own happiness (and maybe a little less-than-happiness) into blog posts that will help me get and keep my life in order, that will be worth my time, and which will also, hopefully, be worth yours as well.

♥ Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment