Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010




The "That Isn't Art" guy responded to this photo, saying,
"Here’s the thing about the Sun: This isn’t the year 1200 BC, you don’t have to 'believe in' it anymore. We’ve been sure for thousands of years that it does indeed exist. When it’s not 'shining' as you call it, that means the sun is merely being obscured by fog, clouds or some other atmospheric event. Or, in the case of the evening hours, it’s because the Earth has rotated such that your position on the planet is facing away from the Sun. It’s not complicated, and the Sun definitely doesn’t require belief. It exists."


So I know he's being snarky and all that. He's obviously got a lot of attitude. But I couldn't help thinking of his statement from a religious standpoint. Maybe I'm just in an overly reflective mood, since I just watched the latest episode of Flashforward. (The second to last one. I'm so depressed about that.) But really. I think it's cool. From a religious perspective, that is earth-shaking faith. I love it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment