Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Shotgun

Today I shot a double-barrelled shotgun. It was quite enjoyable, though the kick on it was kind of uncomfortable. I was so out of my element ... and that's not normal. I'm usually pretty good at adapting, ya know, coming from a military family and all. But seriously. Guns? Not really my thing. I suppose it was interesting. Of course, it really was interesting. Granted, I was having a horrible allergy flare up out there in the boonies with all the wild plants and animals. Speaking of wild animals, a vulture swooped down in front of the car on the way to the shooting range. Scared the living daylights out of me. It was huge and black and hideous (say that with an Esqueleto/Steven accent. What is that guy's name anyhow? Sometimes he's Steven, sometimes he's Esqueleto ... So confusing!). Well anyways it was a good time.

Nothing else really exciting happened today. Old Navy got a shipment of 4,000 flip flops. I got like 5 hours of sleep last night. I have looked like an albino rat or something since about 5:30 this evening because my allergies have been flaring up and making my eyes be bloodshot. Meanwhile I'm about the same color as white flour ...

The sad thing is that I'd rather compare myself to an albino rat than a bloodthirsty vampire. And just in case you were wondering, I stand by that decision without a doubt. I think I'd rather BE an albino rat ...

Anyways, like I said, huge allergy flare up. I've got a horrific sinus headache. The only problem I'm having is do I take Benadryl (which really should be my nickname or something because that stuff knocks me out cold and it's really a wonderful thing and I'm kind of in love with its peppy pink color. Also the very intense sleeping that happens when I'm under the influence)? Or do I suffer in silence in order to read and write and possibly watch a movie? Because I really cannot do both. I mean, I do so very much want to do both ... and if I could somehow find a non-drowsy anti-histimine in the medicine cabinet, I would totally take it. Even if it's children's meds. But the odds of finding anything in the meds cabinet is tragically low. I am quite certain I'm likely to bleed to death before I find a band-aid in there. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment