Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Study Break Discussion of Mac&Cheese

Since I am taking a study break to make food and I'm also waiting for some water to boil for my Mac & Cheese, I find it appropriate to address the following photo: 


I saw this a few months ago on Pinterest, and found it to be both true and hilarious. The infamous "To open push here" tab has been victimizing thumbnails and willpowers for just about as long as I can remember. While I have labeled it simply as a deceit (see word and arrow in photo above) and a punisher of young, hungry victims, I have another item of business to discuss:

This darn thumb tab is completely and totally useless. 

Most people are not aware of this, because, as stated above, it's mostly just a horrific item intended to make us suffer. But suppose, just imagine with me for a moment, that it did, in fact, work as it purports to work. What would be the result?

You would, indeed, be able to pour the macaroni out of the box and into the pot of boiling water through the nice little opening that the tab would theoretically provide. This, if it were possible, would be true.

But what of the cheese?

I speak here of the cheese packet, the cheese that is the "Cheese" in "Macaroni & Cheese." One might even refer to it as "The Big Cheese." (Though there may be some argument as to whether "The Big Cheese" should refer to the largest cheese, or what Kraft claims its Macaroni & Cheese to be--that is, "The Cheesiest." As yet, consider the question in question to be still under debate.) 

Back to this cheese packet and the tabbed opening of the Macaroni & Cheese box. Let's say you have, by some feat of human strength, agility, and unbeforeseen prowess, managed to get this tab open, thereby creating the opening that permits the macaroni to exit the box in an orderly fashion. Now you want to get the cheese packet out of the box. You tip the box, but alas! The cheese packet is, shockingly, too large to fit through the tiny opening that the tab provides. What do you do now?

You open the darn box the way that boxes are meant to be opened, and fetch out yo' cheese. 

So tell me, world: why in the heck would I use the danged tab opening when I have to open the box the old fashioned way anyways to get the crappin' cheese out when I am fully and completely capable of opening said box the old fashioned way, fetchin' out ma' cheese and settin' it on the counter, and then pouring the noodles into the pot of boiling water, thereby avoiding the thumbnail abuse and ego-damage that this box entails to any person fool enough to try to use the stinkin' tab?

You know, I think that the tab just exists as an insult to humanity. Because we're not smart enough not to pour the cheese packet into the pot of boiling water with the noodles. 

Then again, we're not smart enough to figure out the motherfatherin' tab, so I guess I really don't know who is really in the wrong here. 


Huh.


Anyways ... time to get back to the books!



No comments:

Post a Comment