Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Craigslist

So, since I'm home alone and a total failure at being productive, I decided to watch a movie on Hulu. Turns out there aren't a lot of great movies on Hulu, if you're not into Lifetime movies, or steamy R-rated's. There are also a lot of documentaries, such as Supersize Me, and one called 24 Hours on Craigslist. Now, I didn't get more than 3 minutes into it, because it was just terribly put together and I have SUCH a hard time watching low quality film. However, it did lead me to do a little Craigslist browsing myself, just for curiosity's sake.

And let me tell you, I've never been so creeped out/amused in my life. Okay, that's a total lie, but seriously, there are SO MANY weird dudes in the Provo/Orem area seeking cuddles and NCMO, it's just not even funny.

What I want to know is this: what makes any guy think he's going to find a smart, attractive girl to hook up with on CRAIGSLIST?

I'm going to take a little tangent here and say something that might seem a little shallow to you. People (should) date within their own range of attractiveness. I have a small number of observations/opinions that are a part of this. (1) This usually happens naturally. (2) Most people can't (and shouldn't) expect to date someone who is significantly more attractive than them. (3) You see attractive girls dating unattractive guys WAY more often than you see attractive guys dating unattractive girls. (4) Watch Dating in the Dark. Therein lies proof that girls accept a wider range of attractiveness in guys than guys do in girls. (5) When a girl accepts a guy who is less attractive than her, and then that guy rejects her, what kinds of things does that do to her self esteem? (6) This is turning into a rant, when the point I was shooting for was ...

I think that unattractive guys post on Craigslist looking for attractive girls. I think this is a completely unfounded hope, and I highly doubt that attractive girls are prowling Craigslist, looking for a good cuddle with an unattractive guy. Get real, people.


Ya know, I started writing this post a couple of days ago and now I have nothing else to say about it. So ... hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment