Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lake Time

Oh man ... what a weekend! I got to have a surprise visitor from Colorado and oh boy did we have fun. Laurel is so awesome! :) We went wakeboarding and tubing and saw Eclipse (hahahahaha) and did all sorts of wonderful things. I'm looking pretty tan (and sunburned, depending on which parts of my body you are looking at).

It was funny, while we were tubing, because there was a storm coming in. I happened to be wearing a pair of sunglasses, and since it was July 3rd, there was so much boat traffic and the water and sky looked so dark (thanks to the sunglasses) and it was totally terrifying. Not only did it LOOK scary, but with all the boat traffic, I was afraid that if anyone fell out they'd get sushi'd. But it did get me thinking about water, how gorgeous it can be, how calming the sounds of it can be, and, simultaneously, how powerful and frightening it can be, with rainstorms and currents and hurricanes and things like that. It's pretty awesome.

I've also been listening to a lot of John Mayer the past couple days. I was having like, an overload of emotions and exhaustion last night, just so much excitement for things, so much random, unexplained stress, and stuff like that... it was the weirdest thing. I just needed to cry to get it all out. I never actually ended up crying, but singing along with JM's Battle Studies album really helped. Then I went to bed early (11:30 ish), and woke up at like 10:15. Needless to say, I feel a lot better, I was getting pretty sleep deprived with work and staying up late and spending so much time on the lake, so it was good to catch up. Sleep is very important, and something I need to make sure I get enough of next year. That's one of my goals. Haha.

I'm so excited for this coming week. Today's my last day of work this week, I have friends coming up from South Jordan, UT next week (hopefully I will get to see them and won't be super scheduled with work) and then, exactly one week from today, I will be en route to Colorado, I'll get to spend a couple of days there, and then it will be off to SAN DIEGO. Can I just tell you how much I love flying in airplanes? Because I really do. I love planes and airports and stuff like that. It's oh so very cool. :) Then after that it's only like 3-4 weeks before I go to school! Holy crap! So awesome. And with a growing list of people I need to go on dates with and hang out with and get set up with, that's looking ever more appealing (as if it weren't appealing enough already).

Life is good. Even when you don't want to go to work in like 45 mins, it's good. So, so, so good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment