Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Boooooring

It has been an ever so long and boring day. The fam and I were supposed to go up to St. Louis and I was getting oh-so excited for that ... art, contemporary art, a little bit of that big-city feeling that Jefferson City is sorely lacking in. However, our plans fell through, I spent the first half of the day in my pajamas and only got slightly fixed up to go dishwasher shopping with my parents, along with returning a skirt that I bought like two months ago (I didn't try it on and it turned out to be too big, not to mention just being an awkward style) and then I bought some huge and very overpriced earrings at Claires. I hate Claires, but there was no way to get huge earrings anywhere else for any cheaper. Ultimately, I guess I'm satisfied. I've spent the rest of the day playing every piano song I can play with any amount of skill, and reading The Rules of Engagement by Catherine Bush, which is really turning out to be much more of a disappointment than I ever expected. Now I'm drinking cream soda, and it's started to rain. How delightful.

Anyhow, I spent a little bit of time nursing my wedding blog addiction. Fortunately, the amount of posts I allow to come in has become so overwhelming that it stifles and controls my addiction pretty well. I found a lot of new cakes that I like. I'm also becoming a fan of square cupcakes (cool idea, yeah?). Gosh my life is so boring right now.

There are so many books I want to read. Right now, I could really go for some Anna Karenina. Not that I've ever read it, and not that I've heard a lot of good things about it, but I'm kind of in the mood for some stifling Russian literature. I'm sure I'll change my mind 3 pages into it, but whatever. I struggle because modern literature tends to be so inappropriate, American literature tends to be so depressing, and British literature tends to be lacking in romantic tension. That's probably why I watch so many BBC movies. All the class, but with the added tension that is less apparent in the text. I suppose what I really need to do is to pay better attention when I read instead of spacing out, as I am wont to do.

Let me tell you, it's a bummer when you have big exciting things happening and bit exciting things to look forward to, but you're stuck in the dry patch between them. It's like reading. And I hate the dry patches a lot. Bleh. I'm going to go finish this book (FINALLY) and then get on to reading something better. Either that or I'll go watch Great Expectations. Maybe some of both. Who knows. Also, hopefully my next post will be more interesting. Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment