Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Complainy-wainy

I felt bad complaining more on Twitter, so I've come to Blogger to complain.

Alright. So my day was pretty bad. Well, mostly my evening was really bad. I have serious FHE problems, and I was really grumpy during FHE. After the lesson was over, my little sister wanted to play Apples to Apples. I really don't like Apples to Apples. It's really boring unless you're playing with the right people. My family is not the right people to play Apples to Apples with. Anyways, I was super tired and I was sitting in the chair and I was going to take a little napski while they all played A2A. My mom was like, "Kayla come on and play Apples to Apples" and I said I didn't want to. She told me that I could either play A2A or wash dishes. I thought she was kidding, but I was kind of annoyed that she'd even suggested such a thing. So I went into the sunroom and laid on the couch and the cat took a nap on my stomach. All was well. And then my mom came in and started yelling at me for not washing the dishes. Let's also point out that our dishwasher is broken, so every single stinking dish, fork, knife, spoon, cup, measuring cup, etc. has to be washed by hand. And she had every intention of making me do it all by myself. Which, you know, I wouldn't have really minded doing except that she was punishing me for not playing Apples to Apples when I was already pissed off before they even started playing. So naturally, I'm like, angry beyond my ability to even contain it, and since I couldn't like, throw stuff at the wall, I started crying and my mom and I get in this huge fight because since when do people get punished for not wanting to play games?? WHAT THE HECK MOM?!?!?!?!? Gosh. Just thinking about it makes me want to scream. Ugh. And she was like, "I thought saying that would make you choose playing the game" which means that making me do the dishes was just to like, prove her own authority over me. UGH. I hate power struggles. Especially when they happen over the fact that I didn't want to play a stupid card game. That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.**see note at end of post**

Ben Barnes, take me away from this.

I've been wishing I was at school for a couple of days, just because being home is not all it's cracked up to be. At least, not when I'm stuck at home all day. When I'm going to the student ward and going to work and stuff, it's really not so bad. It's when I have to hang out at home all day. I need some friends that I can hang out with. Mucho mucho mucho.

Anyways. That's kind of the main background to what I really want to complain about.

So I'm coming down the stairs with my quilt in one hand, my computer in another, and a tortilla and a granny smith apple tucked in and about my person. The apple falls all the way from the top step and bounces really hard. I could practically hear it bruising as it went down. Then I go down stairs, and just as I get to the bottom, I put my foot down and my ankle twists so I come down on the side of my foot. Because both of my hands were full, I couldn't grab anything, and I fall all the way down on the floor, and hear my foot crack about 20 or so times. It was disgusting. And it hurt like the dickens. Then I tried to stand up and go up the stairs to figure out what to do to prevent it from swelling or anything, and that hurt even worse. So now I've got a ziplock back full of ice wrapped around my foot with one of those long, tan stretchy bandages that's really old and smells like Icy Hot. Yuck.

It's a bad, bad night.




**SIDE NOTE** My cousin, about five years ago (when she was my age), after having been baptized a couple of months earlier, moved out of her mom's house over a dish washing-related argument. She moved in with her friend, they copulated for a while, and then she moved into her new boyfriend's house. They copulated and conceived a child, who is now about 4 years old. My cousin is now living with her next boyfriend/fiancĂ©, and she's already pregnant with his child. The moral of the story: dish washing arguments can end disastrously. Thank goodness I have no desire to copulate, and no one to move in and copulate with. Blech. 

No comments:

Post a Comment