Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Clichés and Things

I've been thinking a lot about clichés lately. Mostly that we're all just a part of the clichés, whether we embrace them, or hate ourselves for secretly wanting to embrace them and so we rebel against them completely. I don't mean to suggest that we're all the same, or that we're not unique. But I do think that, for the most part, we are. A lot of what makes us different is which clichés we allow ourselves to embrace, and which ones we push back against. I'm willing to admit myself to be a huge cliché. I'm like the biggest cliché BYU student ever. Except for about the head sweaters. My hatred of those is pure, and not remotely tainted by a secret desire to wear one. But I digress. We're all so cliché. That's how they happen, isn't it?


Let's get on to something different though. I just listened to a song that talked about this girl and how this one guy will always have a special place in her heart because he was her first love. I've heard a lot of people say that, ya know, in movies and stuff. Or just in general. And let me tell you, that's all complete and utter B.S. Any girl who leaves a spot in her heart for her first love is not over him yet. Which, you know, is cool if you marry your first love. But hanging on to that is just ridiculous, even if you say you're "over it," you're not. It's SUCH A LIE. Just saying.

Okay. Now I've had my rant session. I'm gonna listen to some NPR now, just to ... clear my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment