Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Tribute Post to L

I realize this is totally out of character for me, as a "blogger" (I don't think I've ever thought about that term in relation to myself before, and I find I don't really like it) ... but I'm going to do it anyways. 

Today, my blog post is a tribute to a friend from a long, long time ago. We haven't talked or seen each other since I was like ten, we've been Facebook friends for less than six months... the long and short of it is that I don't really know this girl at all. 

But really, I do. 

Since I don't want to be creepy, I'm not going to use her name (which maybe makes it more creepy? But for some reason makes me feel less creepy ... idk). We're just going to call her L. 

For the few years that I knew L,we were pretty good buddies. She was a grade ahead of me in school, she was smart, beautiful, talented, awesome, and so much fun. I loved her family, and I still look up to her mom as an example of the kind of mom I want to be, because she was the kind of lady who didn't let anything her kids did get her fussed. She would sit out on their driveway with a loaf of bread, a knife, and peanut butter and jelly, and she would just make sandwiches while her kids were out playing. She had all kinds of funky traditions that were just fun without being a pain in the butt. It was awesome, and truly inspiring. 

L was one of the people I always wanted to be like, and now that I know what she's doing with her life (hats off to you, Facebook), I find myself even more inspired by the life she lives. I'm inspired by the things that I can tell she does or doesn't care about. I'm inspired by the adventures she takes, and the inexplicable vibe that I get about her perspective on life. I realize I'm being vague, but if I were less vague, I'd feel creepy ... Let's just leave it here:

L, you're never going to read this, but you're totally awesome and I am so grateful for the person that you are and have been. Thanks for inspiring me for the past ... what, thirteen years? Something like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment