Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Day of School

... first day of school! Prove to Dad I'm not a fool! :)


So first day of classes is over and done with, and I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life. Maybe I just forgot that I got nervous the past couple of semesters, but I always have this fright that I'm going to go to the wrong class. Or, like today, that (1) there are so many RMs in my French class that I feel like an idiot, and (2) I don't want people to judge me like I'm a marriage-obsessed freak for taking Marriage & Family when I'm not even seriously dating anyone. There are other reasons to take it! Hmph.

However, I am looking forward to tomorrow and getting introduced to my other classes. I've got two English classes, which are, of course, wonderful. One's going to be kind of small and awkward, but that's okay. (Just to explain, it's so small and awkward that they are advertising it on the English bulletin board in the JFSB. I blame the professor for sending out an email like, before Thanksgiving I swear, explaining that we were going to focus on "poetry, love, and the cosmos." Literally half the class dropped it after he sent that. Including me, but then I had to sign up for it again. Boo.) The other is American literature, and I hope that somehow I will learn to appreciate it, because, as is, I kind of hate it. But I am open to it, so that's a good thing, right? :) Then there's the Kennedy Center Lecture Series, with Heather and Natalie, and finally, Music 202. I am actually weirdly excited for Music 202, except for the fact that it's an evening class. The only other section of it is taught at 8 a.m., and I don't think I can handle that. Haha. But maybe I will switch if I can't take the 2.5 hour insanity that is an evening class? Who knows. Idk if I can make it all the way to the JKB by 8 a.m. ... probably not.


Since writing the above I have had a sad experience. It occurred to me that, although I do not yet have my book (it is still being shipped), the library does have it. So I looked it up, and it showed that there was a copy checked out, but it didn't indicate how many copies of the book they had, and since there are often multiple copies, I thought, "Hey, why not?" So I go up to the library, fully expecting to find this book on the shelf, and therefore expecting to be able to do my homework.

Not the case. The book wasn't there, my feet were aching really badly (I had on my new boots. Squee.), and I couldn't do my homework. Actually, a more accurate statement is that I still can't do my homework, because I still don't have my book. Is it too much to ask for the miracle of it showing up tomorrow? I kind of think so, but we shall see. Perhaps I will just get one from the Bookstore and return it asap? I don't even know if I can do that. I wish I could find someone with a copy of the book, and then I would borrow it from them for like an hour and it would be lovely. Who knows though. Gosh books, just get here.

I'm sick of waiting. Plus, it makes me nervous to not have it. :( Boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment